Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book of the Month: The Book of Lies

Technically, my husband bought this book for himself thinking that it was a book based on the history of Cain and Able and whatever happened to the world's first murder weapon (he is into historical and informational books, unlike me...ha). Last night, after not being able to sleep, I pulled it off of the shelf and read the description and realized that it was actually a fiction novel based on historical facts (much like The Da Vinci Code). I was intrigued and began reading...
11 hours and only 3 hours of sleep later, I finished this incredible page turner in awe of this author (Brad Meltzer). WOW!! I would recommend this book to ANYONE!!!!

Here are a few highlights:

"Wouldn't it be great if we could live life backwards? You start out dead and get that out of the way-- then you wake up in old age and feel better every day. With each passing year, your illnesses disappear, and you get more hair, more handsome,  more virile-- and best of all, you keep getting younger, finally ending life as a fantastic orgasm!"
HA HILARIOUS RIGHT!!!! Here is another one:

"There's the life you live and the life you leave behind. But what you share with someone else-- especially someone you love-- that's not just how you bury your past. It's how you write your future."

I think that is my favorite for sure... 
Anyway, there is my rant for the day! I know that I will be reading more Brad Meltzer in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment