Friday, September 18, 2015

Pregnancy

Looking back, I really did have an easy pregnancy, but in the middle of it I pretty much thought I was going to die! BAHAHAHA! I tried to stay positive in my head because I truly was so grateful to finally be bringing a mini Tyler-Arianne into the world; but I probably drove my family, my friends, and my co-workers crazy for 9 months and beyond! Here is just a quick breakdown of my pregnancy:

Pregnancy Pros:
  • From pre-pregnancy to end of my pregnancy, I only gained a total of 3 pounds. Baby girl basically just ate my fat for what she needed while she was in there.
  • I got to shop for some new clothes.
  • I never had to deal with heartburn
  • For some reason, I had weird discoloration of my skin that sort've made me look more tan than I actually was!
  • The only true craving I had was at the beginning when I was having nausea... all I wanted was York Peppermint Patties.
  • Scratch that, I did have one theme craving of fruit throughout the entire pregnancy. Definitely not the worst craving to have!
  • Once I got used to feeling baby girl move, it was so incredibly fun to feel like I was never alone! I always had someone to talk to, sing to, and play with!
  • I had so many great friends and family that helped me get ready for baby, brought me food and snacks at work, helped throw me two great baby showers, and donated so many things to us that we were truly ready to have baby by the time I was like 4 months along!
  • I had an amazingly patient husband who helped me through all of the smorgasbord of emotions that I went through and took care of everything around the house when I was too huge to move!
  • Literally, I had people waiting on me hand and foot!
  • At the end of it all, I got the sweetest little girl who is truly blessing my life more and more every day!
Pregnancy Struggles:
  • One of the reasons I didn't gain a ton of weight was because I basically didn't want to eat for the whole beginning of my pregnancy. I was nauseous and nothing sounded good to eat.
  • Even though I lost weight I had a summer pregnancy and therefore blew up like a balloon with water retention. None of my shoes fit me and my fingers looked like sausages.
  • Remember that shopping spree I talked about... I pretty much had to do that so I didn't look like a stuffed turkey in all my clothing.
  • When I first started feeling baby girl, I struggled with it. Until I got used to it, I felt like there were worms inside of me and it was harder for me to get used to than people portray.
  • Baby girl liked to arch her back and stick her butt or head or whatever it was straight up out of my belly which caused constant pressure every which way!
  • The sensation to pee 24/7 is real!
  • I pretty much didn't sleep (which was okay because it prepared me for when baby girl was here!)
  • The back and hip pain I felt because I was already overweight and then I was trying to carry a watermelon was excruciating! 
  • I had a pre-eclampsia scare and had to be super careful about my blood pressure.
  • My husband had to have knee surgery when I was 7 months pregnant in the middle of the hot summer and I truly struggled to try and take care of him while carrying a bowling ball!
  • The worst part of the pregnancy was the end, trying to wait for baby girl to come. The anxiety about killed me... until labor... then the labor just killed me more. :) 
2015 was one of the hardest and most rewarding years and pregnancy was an adventure I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment