Saturday, August 1, 2015

2015 Is Our Year!!

I have been MIA from the blogging world for SOOOOO long. I don't know that anyone else necessarily cares, but I wish I was better at journaling, blogging, SOMETHING that involved documenting my sweet family a little better. I have made a goal to start up again (not that that hasn't happened before), but at the very least I want to get a few memories of mine and Tyler's newest adventure. We have added our sweet daughter Oakley Claire Despain to this adventure club and trust me... adventure is still out there!!!

FINDING OUT WE WERE PREGNANT:
Tyler and I had been trying to have a baby for a little over 3 years and definitely felt discouraged. We had made a conscious decision that 2015 was going to be our year and had scheduled to start the fertility process beginning January 2015. Until then, we were trying to just put it out of our minds and let it go.

At the end of November, I had a friend suggest that we go to the store and buy a baby outfit that jumped out at us, bring it home, and hang it somewhere that we would see every day. Tyler was super hesitant about this and when we got to the store, he took one look at the baby clothes and said he couldn't do this and left the area. I picked out a little girl outfit and we left the store. I decided to hang it up on the wall above my bedside table and it was definitely something I looked at every day with hope, frustration, happiness, anger, and really it just depended on the day...

In January, we met with my midwife (OBGYN) that I had been going to for awhile. Tyler started having some more tests done and my midwife put me on birth control to try and help me regulate and get ready to start the fertility road. I had always HATED birth control because it made me so sick and literally crazy! That is pretty much what I would say I felt the entire month of January was sick and crazy. Ha! February came, the placebo pills started, and still no period... WHAT?! I called and the nurse told me that it was normal and I should just keep taking the pills like normal and I may just start on the next cycle. I didn't feel right about it though. As much as I didn't want to take another failed pregnancy test, I just felt like I needed to be sure so I had Tyler go buy me one. Tyler really didn't think this was anything and I could tell he was just waiting for another disappointment. I literally came bounding out of the bathroom with huge eyes and both him and I couldn't believe it... WE WERE PREGNANT!!!

We got an even bigger shock when we went to my midwife and found out that not only were we pregnant, but we were already 9 weeks along! Yes people... we got pregnant in December shortly after I bought the outfit and hung it by my bed. We were so excited to start this journey and finally solidified we were right... 2015 was definitely going to be our year!

No comments:

Post a Comment