Thursday, January 20, 2011

Less Than Perfect

I have been feeling really overwhelmed lately. Not only with 19 credits, a full time job, applying for internships, finishing my graduation application, and taking care of the house; but also just feeling completely overwhelmed with having to face my past emotions and insecurities on a daily basis when working with the teen girls I work with.
I have become so much more insecure with my weight, my personality, my talents, and overall just accepting who I am as a person. 
I found this song the other day and it definitely hit me hard for some reason. I see girls struggling with self harm, eating disorders, aggression, respect, and overall self worth and I wish that could just tell them that everything is going to be ok!


1 comment:

  1. You must never lose faith... you must never lose heart...God will restore your trust. And I know you're afraid, I'm as scared as you are. But willing to be brave...brave enough for love!

    I don't know why that popped into my head when I was reading this post, but it did and it brought back so many memories. You're a wonderful person Arianne. Just remember that lots of people love you, and you help a lot of people by loving them back. You can help those girls just by being their friend. Be brave through your insecurities and remember to love, and you'll get through it! If you ever need to talk you can call me. :)

    ReplyDelete